Dogh is a yummy and super-simple yogurt drink from Afghanistan that will surely quench your thirst (and your palate!) on these mercilessly hot days.
– 16 oz. plain or vanilla yogurt
– 4 cups chilled water
– ½ medium cucumber
– ½ tsp. salt
– ½ tsp. dried mint
1. Mix yogurt and water into a large pitcher.
2. Skin the cucumber and finely chop. Add it into the yogurt and water
3. Mix the mint and salt into the mixture. For a milder mint flavor, rub it between your hands before mixing.
4. Serve chilled.
5. For a twist on an old favorite, you may want to add in fresh berries and chopped fruits instead of mint.
For more information on Afghani recipes, check out the following sites:
Afghanistan Online (where today’s recipe came from): http://www.afghan-web.com/culture/cooking/dogh.html
Afghan Cooking Unveiled: http://www.afghancooking.net/afghan-culture-unveiled/afghan-cooking-recipes–all/