It’s an exceptionally chilly and drizzly day in Pittsburgh, so we thought that we should share some recipes that will fill your with warm, happiness, and a delicious seafood soup from Indonesia.
-1 ½ lb. carp, cleaned and chopped into five sections
– 1/8 cup ear mushroom, soaked and chopped
– 2 ½ cups water
3 tbsp. red onions, sliced
– 2tbsp. lime juice
– 1 tsbp garlic, sliced
– 1 tsp, turmeric
– 1 tbsp. chlies
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 bay leaf
– 1 stalk crushsed lemongrass
– 2 cups rice
1. In a mixing bowl, let the carp slices marintate with the lemon juice for about 10 minutes, or until the juice has thoroughly seeped into the cap.
2. In a large pan, add water, mushroom, fish and spices. Boil until the fish is tender and the spices have thoroughly dissolved throughout the mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, boi rice until it is fluffy and tender.
4. Serve carp soup with a side dish of rice.
If you want to read more about Indonesian carp soup or more about Indonesia culture in general, the following sites are a good start: